Terms + Conditions
Effective 1 Jan 2019
About these Terms
Any party which engages the services of iHelp IT Australia (ABN 30 169 918 941) is automatically considered a client of iHelp IT Australia (ABN 30 169 918 941) and accepts that any work performed under such engagement is bound by, and subject to, all terms, conditions, and rates outlined herein.
iHelp IT Australia (ABN 30 169 918 941) is a Sydney based IT consultancy and support company with an Apple focus. Our offices are in the Australian Technology Park, Redfern. We do not have a store front. We are a Kerio Partner, a TPG reseller, an mVoice reseller, an Exetel reseller, and all our technicians are Apple Certified.
Our standard service areas (Zone 1 and Zone 2) are shown below.
- There is no call-out fee for travel within Zone 1 or Zone 2
- Minimum billable times for on-site support apply (see the rates, below)
- Travel outside of Zone 2 by car: $1.20 per km from and to our office in Eveleigh NSW
- Travel outside of Zone 2 by other means: 50% of the applicable hourly rate from our office in Eveleigh, both ways
Support & Services
By support we mean installation, configuration, management, maintenance, and upgrades (as applicable).
- Apple hardware and included software, Mac OS X Server
- Microsoft Office 2008, 2011, and 365
- Kerio Operator, Connect, and Control
- Firefox, Chrome, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Java, CrashPlan
- Network routers, modems, switches, wireless access points
- Windows and Mac integration and migration
- Domain name management
- Data redundancy and backups
- Data migration
- Cloud hosted PBX
- Cloud hosted mail, contacts, and calendars
- CPanel hosting (DNS, web, email)
- Other software and hardware on a case-by-case basis
- Consultation and research
Billable & Non-billable Work
The following work is billable:
- Technical support, provided on site or remotely
- Research, consulting, advice, and planning for technical work
- Corrective work required as the result of client error or omission
- Fixed-price services where the problem is within the scope of service
- Work requested or required which is outside of the original or agreed scope of service
- Problems discovered after the commencement of work
- Delays by client staff, equipment, or systems, or 3rd parties
- Liaising with 3rd parties
The following work is not billable:
- Initial consultation with new clients
- Corrective work required as the result of our error or omission
- Discussions relating to feedback or complaints
- Delays caused by our staff, equipment, or systems
Engagement & Scope
- A request to engage in work can be made verbally or in writing, via physical or electronic medium
- Once engaged, the the requesting party becomes a client, and any work performed under such engagement is bound by and subject to these terms and conditions
- Clients may seek a proposal before engagement
- It is the client’s responsibility to clarify whether work requested is billable in advance of engagement
- Clients should assume that all requests may be billable, unless otherwise disclosed in writing
- Engagements are billable for time and materials, as outlined above, regardless of method of request
- Any proposal sent must be accepted before work commences (engagement)
- Verbal proposals to verbal requests can be accepted verbally
- Written proposals must be accepted in writing
- Proposals contain an outline of work to be performed and an estimate of labour and costs
- Estimates are based on our experience and the information presented to us by clients
- Implementations may vary in their labour and other costs
- Estimates are subject to a 25% buffer in addition to the estimates provided in a proposal
- Work done up to this buffer is deemed to be within the estimate, is subject to all our standard terms, and will not require the issuing of a new, replacement, or additional proposal
Change of scope
- During the delivery of work as part of a proposal a change in scope may occur, which includes
- A change in the amount of labour or materials required to complete a task
- A change to the number of units for which a task is to be completed
- Additional work, not specified in the proposal, required in order to complete a task
- If there is a reasonable expectation that a change in scope will result in exceeding the allowable 25% buffer then a replacement proposal may be issued of the proposal may be varied
- If a replacement or variation is issued then work cannot commence or continue until the client has accepted the variation or replacement, as per normal acceptance procedures
- If a replacement or variation is not accepted then work stops and all work done so far is payable by the client if full as per our standard payment terms
- We endeavour but do not guarantee to alert customers of a breach of the 25% buffer
- Clients may request additional, novel work once work once a proposal has begun
- Novel work is work which is not covered by a proposal, and is not required for the proposal
- Any such requests are treated as new and separate engagements, as outlined in Engagement (above)
It is the client’s responsibility to:
- Back up all data prior to the commencement of work
- Ensure a reliable internet connection
- Ensure reliable power
- Ensure a reliable internal network
- Inform us of anything which may impact our work
- Have passwords and allow access to supported systems
- Accept full responsibility for requests made which lead to billable work
- Provide a safe working environment
- Act in a professional and legal manner
- Hardware, software, prepaid support, iCare, hosting
- Due in advance, for the duration of the service or to proceed with a purchase
- Written proposals
- 50% due in advance for estimated labour
- All other services and invoices
- 7 days after an invoice is issued
- Manually, by the client, via credit card or direct deposit
- If before an invoice is due
- Before any work can commence or purchases made
- Written proof of payment should be supplied to avoid potential automatic payment processing
- Automatically, by iHelp IT Australia, via direct debit method on file
- If upon or after an invoice is due
- Upon due date for all hosting services
- If clients request a purchase to be processed via direct debit method on file
All hardware, software, access to services (including hosted services), and passwords created as part of works remain the property of iHelp IT until all outstanding payments are made in full. Returns, re-activations, and re-installations will attract our standard fees plus any associated costs.
Difficulty and Default
Clients are experiencing difficulty in paying are urged to contact iHelp IT Australia to arrange a payment plan, to assist in avoiding default actions. Default occurs if an invoice remains unpaid after the due date. Default may result in any or all of the following actions, without further notice.
- Further attempts to automatically process a payment via direct debit method on file
- The suspension of services, including hosted services
- Denial of access to hardware, software, and services
- Formal debt recovery
- Registration of a default with credit rating services
- A 5% surcharge per 28 day period of the remaining balance, as calculated by the due date
Recovery of Costs
In the event of formal debt recovery for an outstanding invoice, iHelp IT will add any costs associated with commencement of the process to the outstanding invoice. iHelp IT will also attempt to cover any and all subsequent costs associated with the recovery of the debt.
In the event where an overdue account is referred to a collection agency and/or law firm, clients will be liable for all costs which would be incurred as if the debt is collected in full, including legal demand costs.
Clients agree to indemnify and keep indemnified iHelp IT against any client losses, or actions and resulting losses by third parties which occur as the result of actions taken by iHelp IT in the case of a default, as outlined above.
All calls to and from iHelp IT are recorded, for training, quality assurance, and (if required) as evidence in any disputes.
It is the client’s responsibility to backup all data before work commences. We take all measures to protect your data but cannot be held responsible for data loss for any reason. iHelp IT cannot be held responsible for the loss of productivity, opportunity, or for financial impact to your business for any reason including loss of time, materials, equipment, software, or data.
Clients agree to indemnify and keep indemnified iHelp IT from any 3rd parties for any reason.
Complaints & Feedback
If you are dissatisfied with any of our products or services you should contact the Finance, Marketing, and Operations Director by ringing 1300 469 622 or emailing email@example.com detailing your concerns. We treat all concerns seriously and welcome any feedback you have to help us improve our services.
We are bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). The NPPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is managed. Personal information is, generally, information or an opinion relating to an individual that can be used to identify that individual.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about our customers, suppliers, contractors and other contacts to understand and meet their needs, to conduct our activities and meet legal obligations.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect include contact information (such as your name, address, email address and telephone number), information about your company or business and any feedback that you provide to us about our products and services, our website, or other matters. iHelp Technology also collects statistical information about visitors to our websites. Generally, this information cannot be used to identify particular individuals but in some circumstances it may include a visitor’s Internet protocol address, which could be linked to the individual.
This information may be collected by way of forms filled out by individuals (including via online forms), emails, telephone conversations, face-to-face meetings, your organisations website and interviews.
How might we use personal information?
Generally, iHelp IT Australia uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services
- To respond to your queries or feedback
- To send you any communications or publications in which we think you might be interested, or which you have requested, and
- To let you know about developments in our procedures, products, services, activities and programs that might be useful to you.
Disclosure of personal information to other parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties such as our contractors, software and hardware suppliers, and referral partners that provide services to us. Although we seek to engage external service providers who comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act, we do not accept responsibility for the misuse of personal information by these third parties. We may also disclose your personal information if it is required or authorised by law or where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety.
We do not sell or license your personal information to unrelated third parties.
Security and management of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. If we no longer require your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
Links from our website to other websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites. We do not operate these websites and therefore are not responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.
Accessing the information we hold about you
Under the NPPs, you may be able to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The NPPs provide some exceptions to your rights in this regard. To make a request to access this information, please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
Updating your personal information
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact us at the address set out below if you believe that the information we hold about you requires changing or is out-of-date.
Sending information overseas
We will not send your personal information to a recipient outside Australia without obtaining your consent or otherwise complying with the NPPs.
Updates to this Policy
iHelp IT Australia
Suite 8, International Business Centre, Australian Technology Park
2 Cornwallis St
Eveleigh NSW 2015
Attention: The Privacy Officer
Effective 1 Jan 2019. Rates shown are ex-GST.
$15 / month / computer
- For Mac and Windows PC
- Hardware failure monitoring
- Malware infection monitoring
- Daily cloud backups
- Term: 12 mths
Tech support sold separately
$27.50 / month / computer
- For Mac and Windows PC
- Everything in iCare Basic
- Daily cloud backups
- Anti-virus and anti-malware software
- Automated software updates
- Backup monitoring
- Self-serve backup recovery
- Term: 12 mths
Tech support sold separately
iCare Managed Services
Protection + Support
$89 / computer / month
$49 / office network / month
- For Mac and Windows PC
- Everything in iCare Essentials
- Remote and on-site tech support
- Support for OS, Microsoft Office, printing, scanning, web browsers, networking
- Setup new computer, wipe old one
- Term: 24 mths
- Minimum: 3 computers + 1 office network
Additional services: $160 / hr
Pay as you go or prepay and save.
Great for occasional support or anything not covered by an iCare Managed Services Agreement.
Casual: $180 / hr
Prepaid: 10 hours: $160 / hr (valid 6 mths)
iCare additional services: $160 / hr
My Cloud Phones Hosted PBX
Kerio Connect Mail Hosting
Domains, Web, DNS Hosting
Travel + Transport
- Parking fees: on-charged if not provided
- Taxi: on-charged if expediency requested
- Hardware + software pickup: $20 / 15 min
- Travel outside Zone 2: $20 / 15 min
Protection + Support + Computer
Contact us for pricing
- Everything in iCare Standard
- A new Mac or Windows PC
- Warranty for the duration of the agreement
- Term: 36 months
- Minimum: 3 computers
Minimum Times, Extended Hours
|Zone 1||Zone 2||Remote|
|Mon – Fri, 8 am – 6 pm||1 hr||2 hrs||15 min||1 x|
|Other times||1 hr||2 hrs||15 min||1.5 x|